BBA’s residence is located in Highlands North, Johannes-burg and is aptly named Revolution House. The property is decked out with 40 cameras and 100 microphones so that you can see and hear everything over the 91 days the housemates are inside…
The popular reality show will have no more ‘shower hour’ to titillate viewers but will now present a unisex bedroom. Sitting on the couch, I couldn't believe all that been said about the "shower hour", well I gotta take it like that. Big Brother Africa – Revolution is on DStv channel 198.
Bedtime will never be same again as all 14 contestants vie for a peaceful night of scheming on how to get their hands on the US$200.000.00 prize!
More information on the new BBA Revolution.
• The prize money for this year’s Big Brother Africa has been doubled – it is now US$200 000, a ‘winner takes all’ fortune.
• The new season has almost twice as much sight and sound capability as seasons 1, 2 or 3: there will be 40 ‘all-seeing, all-knowing’ cameras, and 100 microphones.
• The old rules banning conspiracy in the house have been lifted and contestants will be free to forge alliances, discuss strategy openly and play the game in an entirely different way.
• This year, audiences will be asked to vote for the housemates they want to see remain in the series rather than the housemates they want
to see leave the house.
• This year there will be 14 housemates, compared to the 12 of the past; this year will include housemates from Mozambique and Ethiopia. The other 12 countries are: Angola, Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
• The show will run for 91 days.
Namibia: Edward [33yrs old Public Relations Officer. He’s Single and in a “complicated relationship”.]
Botswana: Kaone [26 yrs old Principal Youth Officer. He’s Single – and he's okay about it”.]
Uganda: Hannington [23yrs old Student with a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology.]
Nigeria: Kevin [24yrs old Entertainer with a BA in English Language. A Man Utd fan who resides in Jos, Nigeria]
South Africa: Quinn [21- year- old Quinn is a single1st year Media Diploma student from Johannesburg.]
Kenya: Teddy [18yrs old. Has a BA in International Relations from the United States International University in Nairobi. A Voice-over artist and broadcaster]
Zimbabwe: Itai [32yrs old currently studying towards his Master’s Degree in Peace and Governance. A keen public speaker]
Mozambique: Leonel [23yrs old. A single ICT Administrator. Leonel is proud to be the first Mozambican to appear on the Big Brother Africa show.]
Ghana: Wayoe [34 yrs old Web Developer, father of 2 girls (4 &2) and the first Rasta Law Student and first Rasta Hall of Residence [Unity Hall] President from KNUST]
Kenya: Jeremy [22yrs old Web developer. He’s currently studying towards a BSc Degree in Telecommunication and Information Technology plus Accounts.]
Uganda: Phil [25yrs old Marketing Consultant. BSc in Industrial Chemistry and is single.]
Ethiopia: Yacob [28yrs old Assistant Manager. A Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication. He stands at 6'4" and is the tallest housemate.]
“I’m not sure what it is about the show but it’s almost addictive. I hate to confess it but, I remember days when I stayed up watching people [housemates] in the house sleep.” I also think there will probably even be more drama in this edition too because the stakes are higher. Not to mention that there are more countries.”
After Kwaku-T got evicted, I kind of loss interest but this time around, I am going to stay updated till the 91days is finally over. I don’t have a favorite housemate now but I am rooting for Wayoe [my country-man], Kevin [my naija buddy] & Phil [the chemistry man]