Have you hugged a stranger/friend recently? How did you do it? How did you feel after you hugged that girl/lady from the club/church? Have you wondered how many type of hugs or hugging exist in
Yesterday at dinner with @Georgia and @Kajsaha [who is also the author of Rain in Africa blog] at the Afia Beach Hotel located on the High Street of
Hugging is described by as a form of physical intimacy that usually involves closing or holding the arms around another person or group of persons. The hug is one of the most common human signs of love and affection. It is also a form of non-verbal communication. It brings people together in a feeling of mutual love, comfort and safety. Hugging is an act of giving and receiving support, moral and physical, and love.
- Charismatic Hug:- This is the type of hug which is given without any negative thoughts. It is also given and all parts of the body are touched. The huger don't pull back whiles hugging but rather does it with a pure and a clean heart.
- The 'Hello' Hug: - This hug type is gender specific and differs between men and women. This is the kind of hug you would employ when greeting a friend, a friends friend. Used on a day-to-day basis this would lose its poignancy so this is generally reserved for times when it's been a long time since you last saw the other person.
- Side / Shoulder Hug:- This type of hug is mostly given by females either meeting a friend for the first time. Instead of 'freeing their minds' and giving a hug with their breast/chest, they rather do it with the shoulders… Look out for it next time you receiving a hug from a friend for the first time..
- The 'Comforter' Hug:- This is the hug used to comfort someone close to you and probably in times of a loss. In times of need nothing beats a good 'comforter'. When was the last you had such a hug? Can you remember?
- Pentecostal Hug:- This is the type of hug which doesn’t allow touching at all. In this case, it is only the shoulders that come into contact. It is not normally given by the "holy holy" people.. Lol.
I know you have friends, who'll like to read this. Share with them and let them know, you got it from Accra Conscious Forever. If you have any type of hugs been practiced in Ghana, feel free to share with us. You don't know, who might be benefiting. Your comments and more are always welcome...