Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ghana Black Stars Going Forward or Backward?

The FIFA World Cup (awarded 1974–Present)Image via Wikipedia
 After yesterday's 4-1 thrashing of the Ghana Black Stars by the The Flying Dutchmen from the Netherlands; I'm more than convinced that, the Stars need to sit up, be focused and face the realities of their next friendly before the tournament starts.

I can boldly say; the Dutch side were disciplined and affirmed coach Marwijk’s belief that he already knows his starting eleven. This should give Coach Milovan Rajevac a chance to re-think on his starting eleven and eliminate all those who don't qualify to start. I was very surprised, Portmouth's Kevin-Prince Boateng wasn't featured in yesterdays game? 

As much as I like football [soccer] and also a die-hard Chelsea FC fan, I wouldn’t say I do support the Ghana Black Stars that much. Yes, don’t be surprised this is coming from a patriotic citizen like me. Even though their performance at the Africa Cup of Nations in January was a bit OK, I still can’t bank my hopes on them at the World Cup in South Africa from next week…

The current squad without, Michael Essien, Stephen Adams, Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu, Haminu Dramani, Bernard Kumordzi and Laryea Kingston makes Team Ghana not a sure choice for my support in the competition. I believe Coach Milo have reasons for his choice of players, no matter what.

Ghana have been drawn in Group D and will face Australia, Germany and Serbia with their first group stage match against Serbia in Pretoria on June 13, 2010.  The 23 players the gaffer has named is very cool. Not”cool” as in the best squad we could have assembled, but”cool” as in it being the best out of a bad situation ....More


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: